In 2003 the European Council issued resolution ResAP (2003)2 on permanent makeup and tattooing via the Departments Committee. This regulation was updated in 2008, and this is still operative in countries of the European Union.
This resolution applies to:
- Conditions for the application of permanent makeup and tattoos.
- Risk assessment, before the products to be placed on the market.
- Composition and labeling of the pigments distributed.
- Obligation of making information available regarding health risks.
- Specifications or requisites that micropigmentation, tattooing products have to comply with.