Hygiene and personal protection affects the premises, furniture, practitioner and the client. The practitioner who carry out the micropigmentation procedure must take certain safety and protection measures with client to avoid accidents or act in case of a mishap.
Basic norms should be followed during any micropgimentation procedure:
- premises, tools and accessories should be clean, disinfected and in good working condition,
- permanent makeup practitioners should be vaccinated against hepatitis B and tetanus,
- gloves serve as a protective barrier that prevents coarse contamination of the hands when touching blood or body fluids,
- masks and protective goggles must be used,
- waste management and environment protection measures should be an important priority.